Day 1



Hello it's me, coming to you live from the beautiful city of Vienna! After a nine hour flight, I arrived this morning at 8:45 am. Upon arrival, two new friends and I exited the airport and rode a bus to our next stop of taking an underground subway into the heart of the city. Leading up to my departure, I was told that I would experience an overwhelming feeling of culture shock; however, I adjusted quickly and only felt a sense of calmness. I think this is due to the fact that I have experienced a few other cultures prior to this trip, so I was able to anticipate and understand cultural differences and seamlessly adapt to them. So far, I have been observing the scenery, lifestyle, and interpersonal interactions within Vienna and I have noticed that the city is a very clean, leisurely, and friendly environment. I think I will thoroughly enjoy my time spent here and everything I have yet to learn and experience.

As for the rest of the day, I dropped my luggage off at the IES Center, followed by lunch at a cafe with a group of girls from out of state. I had wonderful conversations getting to know them and it was a pleasure learning about their backgrounds (even though a girl from New York admitted that she didn't know where Indiana was, but that's besides the point). After exchanging a few laughs resulting from me explaining to her that Indiana was indeed located between Illinois and Ohio, we then returned to the IES Center for our orientation. After orientation, I placed my luggage in my apartment and joined a large group to retrieve groceries and a much needed transportation pass. I then returned to my apartment to unpack, shower, and spend some time in my own company after a long but exciting day.

As for now, I'm currently reflecting on my day and wondering how I am possibly still awake and functioning. As you all know I need my sleep. No one likes a grumpy Liv. Okay that's all for now but I'll be back soon enough. Goodnight ladies and gents!

Oh, and by the way, I guess I should mention that the above pictures are the view from the rooftop of my apartment building. Hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 38

Day 41

Day 12